Monday, August 13, 2012

Prague, Czech Republic


                                       Dead Porcupine (or food for the birds?)
                                       Prague, Czech Republic
  
Cathedral of Prague
                                              

The Chocolate Museum

                                      Czech Fried Cheese or "Smazak"


                                                Cannabis Vodka? Interesting...

                                      Fish Pedicure (or food for fish?)

My first impression of Prague, was of horror and repulsion since the first thing I saw as soon as I arrived to the hostel, was a dead porcupine in the middle of the street! (which I imagine later became food for the birds).
After that, the trip slowly started becoming a much better experience, I got lost while walking through the curved laberinth-like streets only to find one of the most beautiful scenarios; the Cathedral of Prague surrounded by colorful and beautiful buildings, making Prague look as if it was taken out of a fairy tale.
After that I found the museum of chocolate, where I first learned that chocolate actually comes from Mexico!, then I had a Smazak, or deep fried cheese sandwich, people eat them all the time, sometimes accompanied by french fries.
Walking through the city, I found a particularly interesting shop; they had Cannabis Vodka on the window display. After thinking how bizarre that was... I became a window display myself!... (don't laugh, it was not funny).... I found a spa pedicure, and after learning they had a fish pedicure, I had to try it. and for some reason that I will never understand. they decided to put me on the window display, and I basically served as a marketing/entertainment strategy for 45 minutes, while the tourists stopped to take pictures at my feet being eaten by small fish. Aside from the highly unfortunate and embarrassing experience, the pedicure was pretty good, it was ticklish at first, but after a while you get used to it, and the final result are perfectly clean and new-like feet. I decided to include this, because at the end, I guess my feet became food for the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment